Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

I had some cottage cheese that I wanted to use up and I found this recipe.  We just ate it with syrup, but I bet it would be good with a fruit compote on it.

Serves: 6

6 eggs, separated
2 cups small curd cottage cheese
2/3 cup spelt flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 dash cinnamon
1/8 tsp cream of tartar

Beat together egg yolks, cottage cheese, flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.

In another bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar.

Fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture.

Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto an oiled griddle or skillet over medium-low heat.  Fry until golden brown and carefully flip (batter is very delicate) and cook other side until golden brown.


We got some mixed reviews from the kids - some were expecting them to taste like regular pancakes.  They are different, but I thought they were very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment