Sunday, June 5, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 egg
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I omitted)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
salt and pepper
4 hamburger rolls

In a food processor, pulse onion and garlic until finely chopped, add the beans, cilantro, parsley, egg and pepper flakes. Pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl and mix with bread crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I added about 1/4-1/2 tsp of each). Form into patties and fry in a small amount of oil over medium heat approx 4 minutes per side, until cooked and brown. Top as you desire and serve on hamburger rolls. (I formed the leftovers into patties and froze them for future meals. The second time I made this recipe I used pinto beans because I had no black beans, I liked them better than the black bean burgers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment